Finding a Good Agent!
How do I find a "good" agent?
All realtors are not the same! Look for skilled agents who are active in the Real Estate market. Interview agents and ask the hard questions, such as...
- Why should I choose to work with you?
- Is Real Estate your primary source of income?
- How well do you know the area I'm interested in?
- (If selling...) What advertising techniques will you use to sell my home?
- Describe your marketing plan. What makes your marketing approach better than the plans offered by other realtors?
- Do you (or your company) rank in the top five, compared to other realtors in the area?
A good Real Estate agent will make money for you! We at Gulf Coast Realty Team subscribe to the philosophy that full service is the only plan that makes sense in dealing with one of your greatest assets...your home.
Why would you leave anything that important to chance?
How do I know what to do in this confused market?
This market is a wholesale market. Clearly every property is “on sale”. Finding a home is a fun and challenging process requiring all the support you can get. A good Realtor, someone with experience and the willingness to go the distance, will save you money on a purchase. A good home inspection and someone to handle the details will make the process smooth. Pricing is confusing. Look at replacement cost and square foot cost when there are no comparable sales. Common sense is the order of the day. If it sounds to good, beware! A house priced below market is a distressed property. Find out what the problem is. Protect yourself from uncertainty by doing your homework. When you find the right home, make a good decision and be prepared to stay focused through the process. It is ok to get what you want and pay for the extras. After all, this is your new home.
What else should I consider?
At Gulf Coast Realty,
we sell Paradise...one home at a time.
A skilled Real Estate agent has a working knowledge of:
- Current Real Estate market conditions
- Current mortgage rates
- Available mortgage programs
- Skilled lender referrals
- Title insurance
- 1031 Starker Exchanges
- Investment opportunities
- Inspection issues
- Real Estate contracts and legal requirements
- Federal, state and local disclosure issues
- Tax considerations